Sunday, October 27, 2013

Any other Halloween stories?

Alright, what else about Halloween?  Did any of you use buckets or were we all pillowcase kids?  Did the boys really switch costumes and go back for seconds?

Any of you who don't remember trick'or'treating on Two Rock - I'm sorry, that was so fun.  There was a time limit (Hamilton too, I think?), so we were at the door ready to go when the time was right and we RAN from house to house to squeeze as many in as we could.  I don't remember sticking with you guys so much, I think we all went with friends.  One year at Hamilton Allyson and I made the decision to come back like 1/2 hour early (some of you were appalled) because Halloween fell on a Thursday and we wanted to watch the Cosby Show.  Well done, young Kirsten, well done.

My neighborhood now is pretty cool about teens trick or treating as long as they're in costume - Tessa still has plans to go this year, but some of her friends aren't allowed to go anymore - when did you stop?  I think 10th grade maybe was my last year?  I think Valerie and I borrowed angel/devil costumes and took JD and Kellie around.

How long did your candy last?  What were your favorites?  Not everyone loved coconut and mint stuff, so sometimes I lucked into trading for mounds and almond joys and junior mints.  I actually have never liked tootsie rolls.  Love M&M's, but prefer peanut.  Back in the day, I think I preferred plain...  Sorting a bag full of candy - that was fun stuff. :)

3 comments:

  1. i was strictly a pillowcase kid. i always dreamed of filling my bag all the way to the top with candy, but i usually got only a quarter of my pillowcase filled. i don't remember trading or sorting candy, but i do remember that amazing smell of my candy-filled bag. my favorites were peanut butter cups, mr. goodbars, peanut m&ms, and 100 grands. the fruity candy was just okay. i would guard my chocolate with my life, though. i remember giving dad some candy as part of his "tax."

    i wish i had more halloween memories. i just really don't like halloween, and i never really have liked it.

    once we get closer to christmas, though, i've got an arsenal of memories/anecdotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went trick or treating once at BYU with Jon Troutman. He wore a bunny costume (feet jammies with bunny ears) and I wore a dress and scarf over my head. We decided to go to Springville and people were pretty good sports about giving us candy. They mistook us for neighborhood teens. One house was very memorable. A woman opened the door and just started laughing super loud like a witch cackle. She told us to wait a minute got some candy and gave us some and as we ran off, she came up the stairs and watched us run away cackling the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that story! I wish I would have thought to find a place to go T or Ting while in college!

      Delete